- Made with state of the art compression molding technology.
- Improved compound for superior heat tear resistance and thermal conductivity.
- Profile designed for optimum fit to the tire.
- Reinforced valve area to prevent failure at the valve base area.
- Unique bead profile to reduce tear during installation.
- Lower cost per cure.
This product data sheet covers the entire range of Ultra Series Outside Envelope made from special compounds, compression molded which allow our envelopes to have a uniform thickness, resist heat and retained flexibility throughout the envelope life, resulting in lower cost - per - cure. The design accommodates the use of inside envelopes.
Instructions for Use
- During the life of the envelope, periodically inspect the envelope for holes, tears, and cracks. Inspect the edges of the envelope where problems normally occur.
- New and seldom used envelopes are to be stored in their original cartons, away from light and heat sources.
- In-process envelopes to be stored in bins or on specially designed envelope storage racks. Do not place or store them on the floor.
- Avoid rolling or dragging enveloped tyres across the floor.
- Ensure all lose object such as staples, date tags, etc. do not come in contact with the envelope since they can tear or puncture them.
- Select the correct size envelope for the tyre size. Refer the appropriate selection chart.
- When installing the envelope ensure that it is centred and straight on the tyre with the valve stem centred over the wicking pad.
- Make sure that the valve stem is located in a position so as not to bind when hooked-up to the autoclave / chamber exhaust line when the tyre and envelope assembly are placed inside the curing chamber. • Couplers that attach to the envelope should be attached to the chamber hoses with 90° elbows.
- Always check to ensure that exhaust valve is not blocked.
- It is recommended that a vacuum test be performed to check the seal of the envelope and the sealing ring.
- NEVER insert air under the envelope to check the seal of the envelope and sealing ring.
- Pressurizing the envelope can pull the envelope away from the sealing ring and may create a safety hazard. Pressurizing the envelope causes distortion and stretching and will shorten envelope life. Note: To prolong life, rotate envelopes so that a hot envelope is allowed to cool to room temperature between cures prior to putting back in service.
Envelopes shipped from the factory are pre-lubed and depending on the cleanliness of the tyres, it can be used between 40 - 50 cures between lubrication. The lubricant enhances the life of envelope. The cleaner the tyre, the better the result. If sticking occur, we recommend the use of JeT - Water Base Envelope Lube. Apply the lube by turning the envelope inside out. Refer instructions on the container for proper use. Always allow the lubricant to dry before use.